Sonoma Valley and Petaluma Well Water Use Efficiency Program
The Sonoma Valley and Petaluma Well Water Use Efficiency Program provides several opportunities for private groundwater well owners to reduce their water use.
This program is for properties with private wells as their sole source of potable water in the following areas:
Sonoma Valley Groundwater Management Plan Area (click for map)
Petaluma River Watershed (click for map)
Customers of the following water or sewer service providers are NOT eligible for the Sonoma Valley and Petaluma Well Water Use Efficiency Program. Many of these service providers have water use efficiency programs available - click for more information.
High-Efficiency Fixture Direct-Install Program
A limited number of high-efficiency toilets with installation are available at no cost. The Program includes replacement of older, high-flow toilets (3.5 gallons per flush or greater) with installation by a licensed plumber of high-efficiency toilets (1.1 gpf or less). In addition, the program offers free replacement of all high-flow faucet aerators with new high-efficiency models (1.2 to 1.5 gpm) and replacement of all high-flow showerheads with new high-efficiency models (1.5 gpm). All Program eligibility requirements must be met prior to installation.
Steps to participate in High-Efficiency Fixture Direct-Install Program
- Register for the Program
- Once determined eligible, you will receive a Program packet with an invitation to participate. The packet includes:
- List of Participating Plumbers
- Your unique Participation Number
- Sample documents for your review
- A satisfaction survey
- Select and contact your plumber from the List of Participating Plumbers to set up and perform an onsite eligibility verification and to install the new fixtures.
- Complete the satisfaction survey and submit.
Turf Replacement Rebate Program
A limited number of rebates are available for the removal of turf grass. You can save water and money by replacing your grass and lawn sprinkler system with low water use plants watered by a drip irrigation system. Maximum rebate is $250 or 500 sqft. All Program eligibility requirements must be met.
Steps to Participate in Turf Replacement Rebate Program
- Register for the Program.
- Someone will contact you shortly to set up a pre-inspection appointment. You must be home during the pre-inspection appointment. The lawn must still be in place during the pre-inspection.
- During your pre-inspection appointment, the technician will measure the lawn you want to remove and provide you with the Rebate Application.
- Within 120 days of the pre-inspection appointment, call 707-547-1909 for a post-inspection appointment. Project must be fully completed, including drip system installed and all plants installed.
- At the post-inspection appointment, the technician will measure the area of grass that you removed. A check will be mailed to you within approximately 6 weeks of the approval of your project.
High-Efficiency Clothes Washer Rebate Program
Get up to $75 back on the purchase of a new, qualifying high-efficiency clothes washer. For a listing of qualifying clothes washers, visit the U.S. EPA EnergyStar® Most Efficient website. Rebates are available for all clothes washers list as “Most Efficient.” (Models with silver ion technology are not eligible.)
Steps to Participate in the High-Efficiency Clothes Washer Rebate Program
- Download rebate application (PDF).
- Purchase an approved clothes washer from the U.S. EPA EnergyStar® Most Efficient website.
- Send the completed rebate application AND original receipt for the clothes washer to:
Sonoma County Water Agency
Attn: Water Use Efficiency Program
404 Aviation Blvd
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
- If approved, a check will be mailed to you within approximately 6 weeks.
For More Information
For questions contact program manager Brian Lee at email@example.com or 707-547-1918.