Be a Water Hero!
You too can be a Water Hero! Watch this video to learn how to use flow rate bags and dye tabs:
Download Water Audit Worksheet
Download a PDF of the student Water Audit Worksheet to print out for your students.
Water Saving Tips
- Use a broom instead of a hose to clean off your driveway or the sidewalk.
- Did you know you can save 8 to 18 gallons a day by using a broom instead of a hose?
- Do full loads of dishes when running the dishwasher.
- Did you know you can save 1 to 2 gallons of water per day by running the dishwasher when it’s full?
- Turn off the water while brushing your teeth
- Did you know you can save 4 gallons of water per day when you turn off the faucet while brushing your teeth?
- Do full loads of laundry
- Did you know you can save 15 to 48 gallons of water by doing full loads of laundry?
- Use a bucket to catch cold shower water and then use that to water your garden or lawn.
- Did you know you can save 1 to 5 gallons of water by capturing your cold shower water?
- Take 5 minute showers
- Did you know you can save up to 10 gallons of water by shortening your shower time?
- Fix leaky faucets inside and outside your home.
- Did you know you can save 15 to 20 gallons of water per day by fixing leaky faucets?
- Do not use the toilet as a wastebasket
- Did you know you can save 2 gallons of water a day by not using the toilet as a wastebasket?
- Water: Use It Wisely
- Water Conservation Around the House
- Saving H2O
- Video on hidden water and water saving tips
- Measure your water footprint!
- The USGS Water Science School
- Water Pollution and Solutions by CA Dept. of Fish and Wildlife