Water Advisory Committee (WAC)
Current Agenda and Supplemental Materials
- July 11, 2016 Meeting is Cancelled - The Technical Advisory Committee meeting scheduled for July 11, 2016 at 9a.m. has been cancelled at the request of the Chairman. The next meeting of the Water Advisory and Technical Advisory Committees is scheduled for August 1, 2016, at 35 Stony Point Road, Santa Rosa, CA 95401.
About the WAC
The Water Advisory Committee (WAC) represents the major cities and water districts that receive water delivered by the Sonoma County Water Agency (Water Agency) aqueduct system. They include:
- City of Cotati
- City of Petaluma
- City of Rohnert Park
- City of Santa Rosa
- City of Sonoma
- Town of Windsor
- Marin Municipal Water District
- North Marin Water District
- Valley of the Moon Water District
The committee helps make decisions regarding water supply issues in the Water Agency's service area. The committee works within the bounds of the Restructured Agreement for Water Supply:
- Final Restructured Agreement for Water Supply (effective June 23, 2006)
- Final Memorandum of Understanding Regarding Water Transmission System Capacity Allocation During Temporary Impairment (effective October 16, 2006)
Members of the WAC are eight elected officials, each appointed by their respective council or board.
The main purpose of the WAC is to advise the Water Agency's Board of Directors on policy and fiscal matters affecting the Water Contractors. The explicit powers of the WAC are spelled out in the agreement.
The Water Advisory Committee meets the first Monday of every month at the City of Santa Rosa's Utilities Field Operations Center, 35 Stony Point Road, Santa Rosa. Meetings start at 9:00 a.m. and are open to the public.
For more information on the Water Advisory Committee, download the WAC Brochure.
Customer Communications Surveys
Water Contractor Statistics
2008 Water Contractor Statistics