Urban Water Management Plan
2010 Urban Water Management Plan Update
We Encourage Your Involvement!
The Sonoma County Water Agency has concluded its update process for the 2010 Urban Water Management Plan. The Plan was approved by the Water Agency's Board of Directors on June 21, 2011 and was submitted to the Calfironia Department of Water Resources. The Water Agency appreciates the invovement and input from our community during this process.
About Urban Water Management Plans
The 2010 Urban Water Management Plan update was required by the California Urban Water Management Planning Act and was completed by July 1, 2011.
The Water Agency is a wholesaler of potable water, serving nine primary municipal customers in Sonoma and Marin Counties. The Water Agency’s Plan discusses and describes:
- Existing water supplies and transmission system;
- Projected water demands in the Water Agency’s service area over the next 25 years;
- Projected water supplies available to the Water Agency over the next 25 years, the reliability of that supply, and general plans for water supply projects;
- Current and planned Water Agency water conservation activities;
- A water shortage contingency analysis;
- And a comparison of water supply and water demand over the next 25 years under different hydrological assumptions (normal year, single dry year, multiple dry years).
Schedule for preparation and approval of the Plan:
- Coordinate with water retailers, city planners, other external stakeholders: Through May 2011
- General public outreach postcard mailed: March 19, 2011
- 60 day City/County notification of public hearing: March 24, 2011
- Complete Draft UWMP: May 9, 2011
- Hold Public Hearing: May 24, 2011 at 2:10 p.m. at County Board of Supervisors Chambers , 575 Administration Drive, Room 102A, Santa Rosa, California
- Board of Directors Adopt UWMP: June 21, 2011
- Submit Final Plan to DWR: June 29, 2011
For more information, please contact Brad Sherwood at 707-547-1927, or provide your comments by email to email@example.com.