Urban Water Management Plan
2015 Urban Water Management Plan Update
We Encourage Your Involvement!
The Sonoma County Water Agency is working to update its 2015 Urban Water Management Plan. We look forward to working with our community to update this important water supply planning document. Please read below for more information and contact us with any questions.
About Urban Water Management Plans
The 2010 Urban Water Management Plan update was required by the California Urban Water Management Planning Act and was completed on July 1, 2011.
The Water Agency is a wholesaler of potable water, serving nine primary municipal customers in Sonoma and Marin Counties. The Water Agency’s Plan discusses and describes:
- Existing water supplies and transmission system facilities;
- Projected water demands in the Water Agency’s service area over the next 25 years;
- Projected water supplies available to the Water Agency over the next 25 years, the reliability of that supply, and general schedules for water supply projects;
- Climate change impacts to water supply;
- Energy intensity;
- Current and planned Water Agency water conservation activities;
- A water shortage contingency analysis;
- And a comparison of water supply and water demand over the next 25 years under different hydrological assumptions (normal year, single dry year, multiple dry years).
Schedule for preparation and approval of the Plan:
- Coordinate with water retailers, city planners, other external stakeholders: Through May 2016
- General public outreach postcard mailed: March 16, 2016 - View postcard (PDF)
- 60 day City/County notification of public hearing: March 24, 2016
- Complete Draft UWMP: May 13, 2016
- Hold Public Hearing: June 21,2016 at the Board of Directors Meeting
For more information, please contact Brad Sherwood at 707-547-1927, or provide your comments by email to email@example.com.
- Final 2010 Urban Water Management Plan (PDF)
- Public hearing presentation – May 24, 2011
- Water Agency’s 2005 UWMP (PDF, 18MB)
- Department of Water Resources - Urban Water Management Plan
- Department of Water Resources - Guidebook to Assist Water Suppliers in the Preparation of a 2010 Urban Water Management Plan