Steelhead in the Classroom
The Sonoma County Water Agency sponsors schools for the Steelhead in the Classroom Program in the Russian River Watershed and our service area.
This program is officially called the Classroom Aquarium Education Program (CAEP) and is run by the California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW).
Redwood Empire Trout Unlimited (RETU) is a co-sponsor and Community Partner for the Steelhead in the Classroom Program
Aquarium Set-Up Instructions
Egg Pick Up 2018
EGG pick up dates are Wednesday: February 21st, March 7th, March 21st
IMPORTANT! You must call or email the Wednesday before your pick up day (2/14, 2/28, or 3/14) to confirm your EGG order.
- Call: (707) 433-6325
- Email both: Toni Vizcaino email@example.com and Ellen McKenna firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note, if you plan to pick up your eggs from the Sonoma County Water Agency's main office (404 Aviation Blvd. in Santa Rosa), let both Toni and Ellen know when you contact them. Pick up at the Water Agency will be between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. on designated pick up days.
CDFW resources for the CAEP program:
- CDFW Bay Area Steelhead in the Classroom BLOG
- Classroom Aquarium Education Program (CAEP)
- CDFT CAEP Teacher Resources link
- Russian River Watershed approved release sites
- Approved 772 applications for 2018
Additional SIC classroom resources:
- Sonoma County Water Agency Education program
- Warm Springs Hatchery
- Trout Unlimited (teacher resources)
- Monitoring Salmon and Steelhead in the Russian River (Sea Grant)
For More Information:
Questions? Please contact David Berman at David.Berman@scwa.ca.gov or call 707-521-6201.