Santa Rosa Groundwater Management Planning - References
- Our Built and Natural Environments (EPA, 2013) A technical review of the interactions amoung land use, transprotation, and environmental quality.
- Ground Water and Surface Water - A Single Resource (USGS 1998) An overview of the interactions between groundwater and surface water.
- Water Budgets: Foundations for Effective Water-Resources and Environmental Management (USGS Circular, 2007) This Circular provides an overview of the hydrologic cycle and a discussion of methods for determining water budgets and assessing the uncertainties in those determinations.
- Evolving Issues and Practices in Managing Ground-Water Resources (USGS Circular, 2003) The seven case studies presented show some of the complexities of ground-water management using scientifically-based hydrologic studies and hydrologic monitoring.
- Ground-Water-Level Monitoring and the Importance of Long-Term Water-Level Data (USGS Circular, 2001) This report highlights the importance of measurements of ground-water levels and fosters a more comprehensive and systematic approach to the long-term collection of these essential data.
- Sustainability of Ground-Water Resources (USGS Circular, 1999) This Circular illustrates the hydrologic, geologic, and ecological concepts that must be considered to assure the wise and sustainable use of our precious ground-water resources.
Groundwater Code and Planning
- California Water Code Sections on Groundwater Management (March 2012)
- Uncommon Innovation: Developments in Groundwater Management Planning in California, by Rebecca Nelson
Santa Rosa Plain Groundwater
- Digital Tabulation of Geologic and Hydrologic Data from water Wells in the Northern San Francisco Bay Region (USGS, 2010) – Compilation of geologic and hydrologic data from 464 wells in a broad area of the North Bay Region, including the Santa Rosa Plain.
- Department of Water Resources Study of the Santa Rosa Plain (Department of Water Resources, 1982) – Comprehensive study of the Santa Rosa Plain.
- Geology and Ground Water in the Santa Rosa and Petaluma Valley Areas, Sonoma County California (Cardwell, 1952) – USGS groundwater study of the Santa Rosa Plain and Petaluma Valley.
- USGS Groundwater Ambient Monitoring Assessment (GAMA) Study, North San Francisco Bay (USGS, 2010) – Study focusing on groundwater quality in the North Bay Region, including the Santa Rosa Plain.
- Land Subsidence in the United States (USGS, 2000) – Overview of land subsidence history and causes in the United States.
- California Agriculture Water Stewardship Initiative:
- California Code of Sustainable Winegrowing Workbook
- California Roundtable on Water and Food Supply:
- From Storage to Retention: Expanding California's Options for Meeting Its Water Needs http://oaecwater.org/crwfs/storage-to-retention-nov-2012
- California Urban Water Conservation Council Best Management Practices
- Bodega Valley Rainwater Catchment & Alternative Water Supply Program case study:
- From Crisis to Connectivity: Renewed Thinking About Managing California’s Water and Food Supply
- National Resources Conservation Service – Conservation Practices
- National Resources Conservation Service – Irrigation Handbooks & Manuals
- OAEC WATER Institute's Rural Residential/Ag based DIY Guides for Roofwater, Stormwater & Graywater:
- Russian River Coho Water Resources Partnership Landowner Tools:
- Salmon Creek Water Conservations Strategies
- Sonoma Resource Conservation district and LandSmart
- LandSmart for Rangeland Ranch Plan
- LandSmart for Vineyards Farm Plan