Santa Rosa Plain Groundwater
The Santa Rosa Plain, home to approximately half of the population of Sonoma County, faces growth in population and demand for water. The challenge of increasing demand and other uncertainties necessitates thoughtful management of the important groundwater resources of the Santa Rosa Plain.
To address these challenges, the Water Agency worked with a balanced group of stakeholders called the Basin Advisory Panel to develop a plan for managing these groundwater resources through a collaborative process. The Water Agency Board of Directors approved the Plan in fall 2014. The Plan is a living document that can adapt to changing conditions. Plan implementation is structured to encourage an open, collaborative and cooperative process for groundwater management activities guided by the Basin Advisory Panel and a Technical Advisory Committee.
Groundwater Management Plan Materials:
- View a draft version of the Groundwater Management Plan
- View a one page flyer on the Groundwater Management Plan
- Groundwater Management Plan FAQs
- Resolution of Adoption for the Santa Rosa Plain Groundwater Management Plan
- Resolution of Intention to Prepare a Groundwater Management Plan
- Primer Part 1: Groundwater Overview
- Primer Part 2: Santa Rosa Plain Characterization and Planning
- Basin Advisory Panel
Sonoma County Water Agency