Sewer System Management Plans
On May 2, 2006, the State Water Resources Control Board (SWRCB) issued Statewide General Waste Discharge Requirements (WDRs) for Sanitary Sewer Systems, Water Quality Order No. 2006-0003 (Order). The Order requires any public agency that owns or operates a sanitary sewer system more than one mile in length comply with the requirements of the WDR in order to reduce the number of Sanitary Sewer Overflows (SSOs). One requirement of the WDR is that agencies must develop a Sewer System Management Plan (SSMP) which describes how each agency operates, maintains, and evaluates its collection system.
The SSMP shall include the following components:
- Legal Authority
- Operations and Maintenance Program
- Design and Performance Provisions
- Overflow Emergency Response Plan
- FOG Control Program
- System Evaluation and Capacity Assurance Plan
- Monitoring, Measurement, and Plan Modifications
- SSMP Program Audits
- Communication Program
The completed SSMPs are available below as well as at our 404 Aviation Blvd office in Santa Rosa.
Download SSMPs for the following Sanitation Districts:
- Airport/Larkfield/Wikiup (PDF)
- Occidental (PDF)
- Penngrove (PDF, 18MB)
- Russian River (PDF)
- Sea Ranch Central (PDF, 21MB)
- Sea Ranch North (PDF, 21MB)
- Sonoma Valley (PDF)
- Geyserville (PDF)
- South Park (PDF)
Please contact Kevin Booker at Kevin.Booker@scwa.ca.gov if you have any questions or concerns about the SSMPs.