Russian River County Sanitation District
Proposed Sewer Lateral Ordinance for Russian River County Sanitation District
The Sonoma County Water Agency (Water Agency) will hold a series of community meetings to discuss a proposed sewer lateral ordinance aimed at preventing sewer overflows that occur during heavy rains. The ordinance would apply to the Russian River and Occidental County Sanitation Districts, and the Airport/Larkfield/Wikiup, Geyserville, and Sea Ranch Sanitation Zones, all of which are operated by the Water Agency.
The ordinance would provide the Water Agency with the ability to inspect, and if necessary, require the repair of sewer laterals that are failing and contributing to pollution and sewer overflows. The proposed ordinance will NOT require any point-of-sale sewer lateral inspections or repairs. The proposed ordinance would not include a mandatory inspections program, but if faulty laterals are detected during routine inspections, the Water Agency could require repairs. An inspection could also be required if a main sewer line that is connected to the lateral is being replaced or rehabilitated. The ordinance is proposed in five sanitation zones and districts the Water Agency manages in Sonoma County. Read more ...
- Local Hazard Mitigation Plan
- Ultraviolet disinfection system update
- High-efficiency clothes washer rebate
- Free High-Efficiency Fixture Direct-Install Program
About the District:
- Began Operation: 1983
- Service area: 2,700 acres
- Service recipients: 3,161 Equivalent Single-Family Dwelling
- Treatment level: Tertiary
- Design capacity: 710,000 gallons per day (average daily dry weather flow)
- Discharge: Between October 1 and May 14 recycled water is discharged into the Russian River. Between May 15 and September 30 the recycled water is used for irrigation on forested land adjacent to the treatment plant and on the Northwood Golf Course.
- District brochure (For a hard copy call Brad Sherwood at 707.547.1927 or email@example.com)
- Board of Directors: The Water Agency's Board of Directors act as the District's Board.
Newsletters and Proposition 218 Notices:
- Spring 2018 Newsletter | Spring 2018 Newsletter – SPANISH
- Fall 2017 Newsletter | Fall 2017 Newsletter - SPANISH
- Spring 2017 Newsletter | Spring 2017 Newsletter - SPANISH
- Fall 2016 Newsletter | Fall 2016 Newsletter - SPANISH
- Spring 2016 Newsletter | Spring 2016 Newsletter - SPANISH
- Fall 2015 Newsletter | Fall 2015 Newsletter - SPANISH
Water efficiency rebate programs:
- High-efficiency clothes washer rebate program
- High-efficiency toilet rebate program
- Commercial high-efficiency rebate program
- Direct installation program
Treatment Plant Address
18400 Neeley Road, Guerneville, CA 95446
Front Desk (Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm PST): 707-526-5370
Operations Desk (24 Hours): 707-523-1070