Sonoma Valley County Sanitation District
About the Sonoma Valley County Sanitation District
- Began Operation: 1953
- Service area: 4,500 acres
- Service recipients: 17,027 Equivalent Single-Family Dwelling
- Treatment level: Tertiary
- Design capacity: 3,000,000 gallons per day (average daily dry weather flow)
- Discharge: Between May 1 and October 30 the recycled water is used for irrigation and wetland habitat enhancement. Between November 1 and April 30 recycled water is discharged into Schell Slough or Hudeman Slough.
- Board of Directors: The Mayor of the City of Sonoma, the chair and first district supervisor of the Water Agency's Board of Director act as the District's Board.
5th Street East Recycled Water Pipeline Construction Project Gets Under Way
The Sonoma Valley County Sanitation District (SVCSD) has started construction of a recycled water pipeline that will send water from the SVCSD wastewater treatment plant on Eighth Street East to Sonoma Valley High School. Read more ....
Sonoma Valley Residential Recycled Water Fill Station
Residents Can Get Free Water for Outdoor Irrigation
The Sonoma Valley County Sanitation District has re-opened a residential recycled water fill station in the wastewater treatment plant on Eighth Street East that will provide free recycled water for local residents that can be used to water lawns, gardens and landscaped areas.We encourage Sonoma Valley residents to irrigate their landscaping with our free recycled water to help preserve our community’s precious drinking water during the hot days of summer.
We are open to the public Tuesdays & Thursdays from 11am – 3pm.
The fill station is located just north of the plant, which is located at 22675 Eighth Street East, Sonoma, CA. Recycled water will be provided to all residents who live in the Sonoma Creek Watershed free of charge.
Application Forms for Recycled Water Fill Station Customers
Please download and fill out the application and bring it to the fill station at 22675 Eight Street East in Sonoma:
Newsletter and Proposition 218 Notice
- Spring 2016 Newsletter and Proposition 218 Notice | Spanish version of Proposition 218 Notice
- Fall 2015 Newsletter
- Fall 2015 Newsletter - SPANISH
- 5th Street East Pipeline Construction underway
- Local Hazard Mitigation Plan
- Napa Sonoma Salt Marsh Restoration Pipeline
- Recycled Water Trucking Program
- Sonoma Valley County Sanitation District: Agua Caliente Creek Wastewater Pipe Replacement
- R5 Recycled Water Reservoir
District Treatment Plant Address
22675 8th Street East
Sonoma, CA 95476
Rate questions: Michael Gossman, 707-521-6207 or Michael.Gossman@scwa.ca.gov
Water efficiency rebate questions: Brian Lee, 707-547-1918 firstname.lastname@example.org.
General questions: Ryan Kirchner, 707-521-1812 or Ryan.Kirchner@scwa.ca.gov
How Your Sewer Bill Is Calculated
The District calculates residential sewer bills by using a volume-based rate structure. Thirty percent of your sewer bill is based on the amount of household water used during the winter months, beginning in December through February. The remaining seventy percent of the sewer bill is based on a fixed cost to cover operations and maintenance expenses related to keeping the sewage collection system and treatment facility updated to meet public health and environmental regulations. The rate structure does not apply to commercial customers, as they are charged based on a fixed rate structure.
Ways To Lower Your Sewer Bill
The following rebate and incentive programs may be available from the District, your water provider, and PG&E to help lower your sewer bill. Please contact your service provider for more information, eligibility, funding availability, and applications for the rebates before purchase. Product specifications, requirements and restrictions vary by service provider.
From the Sonoma Valley County Sanitation District:
District Programs – (707) 547-1918
High-Efficiency Toilet Rebate Program – up to $150
High-Efficiency Fixture Direct-Install Program – No cost retrofits with installation
From Your Water Provider:
- City of Sonoma Programs – (707) 933-2237
- High-Efficiency Clothes Washer Rebate Program – $75
- Cash for Grass Program – Up to $1,000
- Valley of the Moon Water District Programs – (707) 996-1037
- High-Efficiency Clothes Washer Rebate Program – $25
- Cash for Grass Program – Up to $550
- Pacific Gas & Electric – (800) 743-5000 - High-Efficiency Clothes Washer Rebate – $50