Hydrogeology Student-Internship in our Engineering and Resource Planning Division.
Paid Hydrogeology - Internship Opportunity, this summer, Apply Now! Work starts in June.
Sonoma County Water Agency is offering a summer internship in our Engineering and Resource Planning Division with:
great projects to work on, like ground water modeling & sustainable groundwater management planning (sonomacountygroundwater.org)
valuable work experience & industry contacts
$16.54 per hour (Graduate) or $13.61 per hour (Undergrad)
Our ideal candidate has a background in geology, hydrology, or civil and environmental engineering.
The Sonoma County Water Agency is involved in a number of interesting projects throughout Sonoma County that the intern will learn about and contribute to, these include:
• analysis for the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA)
• operation of a unique riverbank filtration system for water supply
• maintenance of a large groundwater monitoring network
Tasks assigned will involve a mix of data analyses (groundwater budget analyses, time-series analyses), fieldwork (groundwater level collection, streamflow measurements), GIS, or hydrologic analyses (hydraulic modeling, reservoir operations).
Capital Projects - Engineering Internship Available with the Sonoma County Water Agency, in the Engineering and Design Section!
Our Engineering Design Section provides engineering planning, design, and construction related support for capital project implementation.
Our intern will:
- Perform a variety of tasks supporting capital design projects, engineering records, and development of standard specifications.
- Assist project managers and engineers in the technical and administrative duties of the department.
Tasks may include: preparation of technical calculations and design for less complex systems; research and data compilation for existing systems and conditions; administrative assistance with, or development of, departmental procedures.
Number of hours per week: 20-40
Compensation per hour:
- Undergraduate Level $13.61
- Graduate Level $16.54
Please email your resume and statement of interest to: WA Human Resources at