Flood Forecast/Emergency Info
Russian River Flood Forecast
Emergency Phone Hotlines:
- Water Agency Flood Forecast Hotline: (707) 526-4768 - The Water Agency updates the Flood Forecast Hotline, (707) 526-4768, when the Hacienda Bridge water level is over 20 feet.
- Sonoma County Department of Emergency Services Hotline: (707) 565-3856
Flooded Road Conditions:
- City Roads: Call the city of interest public works (check in the phone book)
- County Roads: Transportation and Public Works has road closure information for closures that will be longer than 8 hours. View road closures (unincorporated County areas): list | map. For more information contact 707-565-7280 or visit the Public Works web site.
- Freeways and State Highways: California Highway Patrol
Reservoir Levels, River, and Weather Information:
The California Data Exchange Center provides real-time river level data and forecasts for the Russian River and Dry Creek.
Reservoir Levels and Discharge Rates - The U. S. Army Corps of Engineers provides hourly and daily information about reservoir levels and discharges for both Lake Mendocino (Coyote Valley Dam) and Lake Sonoma (Warm Springs Dam).
California Department of Water Resources - Division of Flood Management website for Russian River flows
The U.S. Geological Survey provides data on river levels and flows from stream gauges maintained along Dry Creek and the Russian River. Data is provisional and subject to change, although it is the most accurate information available.
National Weather Service - Get weather information for your area.
Russian River Flood Stages - View flood stage levels for Hopland, Healdsburg and Guerneville.