Water Education Program - Activities
Below is a list of some of our favorite activities relating to water and the environment. They are specified by grade level and can be used in a classroom or for an individual student.
- Build a Solar Water Purifier (Grades 3-5)
- Ground Water Movement (Grades 3-6)
- Materials Settle in Water (Grades K-8)
- Oil Spill (Grades 2-8)
- River Boxes (Grades 3-8)
- Sources of Pollution (Grades 3-5)
- Stacking Water (Grades 3-6)
- Taste Test (Grades K-12)
- Understanding The Water Cycle (Grades 3-5)
- Water Charades (Grades 3-8)
- Drip Sculpture (Grades 3-5)
Water Lesson Plans
- Water Cycle Felt Board Packet
- Fred the Fish (Video from North Central Texas Council of Governments Environment & Development Department)
- Water Conservation Bingo Instructions
- Water Conservation Bingo Playing Cards
- Water Conservation Bingo Question Cards
Hudeman Slough Quest
The Water Education team has developed a place-based treasure hunt called a Quest. Pack your backpack and spend time with your family outdoors in search of hidden treasure while exploring Hudeman Slough in beautiful Sonoma, California. Learn more about the Hudeman Slough Quest
Be a Water Hero!
Download a FREE water audit, watch a video to learn how to become a water hero, and check out some great water links. Learn more about the Be A Water Hero program.
Discover the Role of Water in Our Lives
Project WET has created a great interactive site for children to "Discover the Role of Water in Our Lives"
Student Activity Page
This student activity page teaches all about finding leaks and saving water. Note: Be sure to print double-sided on 11-inch-by-17-inch paper and fold in half.
Fix a Leak Week Curriculum
These educational materials are designed for students in grades 3 through 5 to start learning about water efficiency with hands-on activities.