Water Education Program - Activities
Below is a list of some of our favorite activities relating to water and the environment. They are specified by grade level and can be used in a classroom or for an individual student.
- Build a Solar Water Purifier (Grades 3-5)
- Ground Water Movement (Grades 3-6)
- Materials Settle in Water (Grades K-8)
- Oil Spill (Grades 2-8)
- River Boxes (Grades 3-8)
- Sources of Pollution (Grades 3-5)
- Stacking Water (Grades 3-6)
- Taste Test (Grades K-12)
- Understanding The Water Cycle (Grades 3-5)
- Water Charades (Grades 3-8)
- Drip Sculpture (Grades 3-5)
Water Lesson Plans
- Water Cycle Felt Board Packet
- Fred the Fish
- Water Conservation Bingo Instructions
- Water Conservation Bingo Playing Cards
- Water Conservation Bingo Question Cards
Discover the Role of Water in Our Lives
Project WET has created a great interactive site for children to "Discover the Role of Water in Our Lives"
Student Activity Page
This student activity page teaches all about finding leaks and saving water. Note: Be sure to print double-sided on 11-inch-by-17-inch paper and fold in half.
Fix a Leak Week Curriculum
These educational materials are designed for students in grades 3 through 5 to start learning about water efficiency with hands-on activities.