Occidental County Sanitation District
About the District
- Began Operation: 1950
- Service area: 55 acres
- Service recipients: 264 Equivalent Single-Family Dwelling
- Treatment level: Secondary
- Design capacity: 50,000 gallons per day (average daily dry weather flow)
- Discharge: Between May 15 and September 30 the recycled water is irrigated on private property. Between October 1 and May 14 recycled water is discharged into Dutch Bill Creek.
- Board of Directors: The Water Agency's Board of Directors act as the District's Board.
The Occidental County Sanitation District’s (District) regularly holds community meetings to inform, educate and seek input from ratepayers and surrounding residents on possible solutions for treating, storing, and disposing of wastewater generated in Occidental. The District currently discharges recycled water into a pond located at the headwaters of Dutch Bill Creek during the summer and to Dutch Bill Creek during the winter. The District is required by the North Coast Regional Water Quality Control Board to stop releasing recycled water into the pond. The District is currently examining feasible projects that meet the unique requirements of Occidental.
Materials from March 13, 2014 Meeting:
Materials from October 24, 2013 Meeting:
Projects and Programs
- NEW! Private Building Lateral Replacement Program
- Private building laterals are the pipes that lead from homes or businesses to the sewer main. Eligible ratepayers in the district can have their private building lateral pipes replaced for free.
- Occidental Storage Pond and Recycled Water Project
- Please note that the Occidental Storage Pond and Recycled Water Project is no longer being considered for construction. The link is provided for informational purposes only.
- 2014/15 Budget
- 2014/15 Proposition 218 Notice and Rates
- 2013/14 Budget
- 2013/14 Proposition 218 Notice and Rates
- 2012/13 Budget
- 2012/13 Proposition 218 Notice and Rates
- 2011/12 Budget
Billing/Financial Questions: Manuel Olvera, 707-521-6215 or firstname.lastname@example.org
General Questions: Brad Sherwood, 707-547-1927 or email@example.com
Occidental Storage Pond and Recycled Water Project Questions: Douglas Messenger, 707-547-1952 or firstname.lastname@example.org