Geyserville Sanitation Zone
Proposed Sewer Lateral Ordinance For Geyserville Sanitation Zone
The Sonoma County Water Agency (Water Agency) will hold a series of community meetings to discuss a proposed sewer lateral ordinance aimed at preventing sewer overflows that occur during heavy rains. The ordinance would apply to the Russian River and Occidental County Sanitation Districts, and the Airport/Larkfield/Wikiup, Geyserville, and Sea Ranch Sanitation Zones, all of which are operated by the Water Agency.
The ordinance would provide the Water Agency with the ability to inspect, and if necessary, require the repair of sewer laterals that are failing and contributing to pollution and sewer overflows. The proposed ordinance will NOT require any point-of-sale sewer lateral inspections or repairs. The proposed ordinance would not include a mandatory inspections program, but if faulty laterals are detected during routine inspections, the Water Agency could require repairs. An inspection could also be required if a main sewer line that is connected to the lateral is being replaced or rehabilitated. The ordinance is proposed in five sanitation zones and districts the Water Agency manages in Sonoma County. Read more ...
About the Zone
- Began Operation: 1978
- Service area: 177 acres
- Service recipients: 337 Equivalent Single-Family Dwelling
- Treatment level: Secondary
- Design capacity: 92,000 gallons per day (average daily dry weather flow)
- Discharge: Recycled water from this plant is disposed through percolation and evaporation.
- Board of Directors: The Water Agency's Board of Directors act as the Zone's Board.
- Wind Turbine installed 1/8/2013
Newsletter and Proposition 218 Notice
- Spring 2018 Newsletter | Spring 2018 Newsletter – SPANISH
- Fall 2017 Newsletter | Fall 2017 Newsletter - SPANISH
- Spring 2017 Newsletter | Spring 2017 Newsletter - SPANISH
- Fall 2016 Newsletter | Fall 2016 Newsletter – SPANISH
- Spring 2016 Newsletter | Spring 2016 Newsletter - SPANISH
- Fall 2015 Newsletter | Fall 2015 Newsletter - SPANISH
Douglas Messenger, 707-547-1952 or firstname.lastname@example.org